This course concentrates on the development and utilization of hypermedia and multimedia in education. Students are expected to demonstrate the ability to develop interactive instruction using audiovisual and computer/web-based technologies in a meaningful educational context. Lec 3, Cr 3.
Upon successfully completing this course, the learner will be able to:
- Identify general concepts of multimedia/hypermedia design and development (NCATE Standard 1)
- Distinguish various formats of multimedia/hypermedia (NCATE Standard 1)
- Analyze major forms of multimedia/hypermedia in education (NCATE Standard 1)
- Develop a multimedia/hypermedia object in a meaningful educational context (NCATE Standards 2, 3, & 4)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a multimedia/hypermedia object integrated in a form of instruction (NCATE Standard 5)